Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hypocrite

Recently (this week) I have been receiving many comments saying that I m very 'JIA'(pura-pura). In English should be called hypocrite. Someone told me that it means someone who actually dislike about about something, tells other people that he/she likes that very much. This is not the first time I hear this comment. When I am in form 3, my friends told me that also. Teacher was distributing the test paper back to us. When we get back the test papers, normally will ask each other what marks our friends get. It is one part of our habit.

I asked my friend first and she told me her marks, it was like 85+/-, then I said,'wah, get so high oh'. That is good mark right? Then, she ask me my marks, when I told her mine(90+/-), she immediately said,'why u so jia de? Get higher than me still say my marks very high.' That 'why u so jia de?' i kept in heart for so long. I told my mum about that, and she advise me that next time don't need to simply give comments. -__-'''

But, I always think I can comfort people using nice words or something like that la. Does it sound too bad for those people? It was so uncomfortable to know you have a weakness but have no way to improve it! Disturbing... I am easy-to-be-influenced-by-friends type of person. Many people told me that I should have my own thinking and opinion too. More disturbed. So hard la, seems. Haih...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ivan here, how bout this? next time don't ask ppl's marks, wait for them to ask u~ if they wanna tell u their marks then just let them be la, if not knowing oso never mind wad =P

if they don't ask then oso so be it =D studies can make ppl competitive, tat's y better be more careful with it. If they get 85% u get 90% just say "good, u got a HD" cuz both of u get HD wad so worry wad competitive? hahaha u r ur own one and only competitor ;)

saykhia said...

Different people look at comments from different angles ma.. Sometimes we don't intend what we say to be what they seem to be, but people perceive it that way anyway. I think one of the safest comments to say would just be 'not bad'. Hahaha...

shirley said...

Ivan,
Ya, ur right, we r our one n only competitor.
saykhia,
hmm, quite chim... i will keep this in mind.

Lastly, thanks for ur advices. =D

Jeff said...

wah seh... shirly so geng wor... 90+ the marks..

shirley said...

jerry ar!!!
my name is SHIRLEY la! no la, where got geng, form 3 is easy ma... haha

shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.